Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Workin' the 9 to 5...or 6.

Well...it happened...after 20+ interviews, 3 offers, 2 declines and an accept later, I am officially an employee of McCann Erickson!

McCann is a global advertising agency that does work with companies from Verizon to Microsoft. The Salt Lake office houses about 200 employees.

I accepted a position as a client accountant. I started on the 18th and worked for four days until the office closed on Christmas Eve. So, I will settle in on the 5th, working with 9 others working on the finance team. I will be able to work with another department to service our clients and make sure we come in on budget and open and close our advertising jobs on time. Yeah, I know it sounds boring, but it is a job and I am so excited to get started!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats Kati! I know you will be an asset to their company! I have to say it is a little ironic that you happen to be working there...lol. I wish you all the best and know you will do an awesome job!!! They are lucky to have you! I am sure you will also love the tons of vacation they give out and fun parties :)

Bree said...

Congrats!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the job and graduating! It wasn't too long ago that I was doing the same thing. It's quite a change, but I think it's good for the most part. Good luck with your new job!