Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Out of nowhere...

I felt inspired by Rach's post about how she only checks other people's wishing they would update and never really checks her own...I'm a big offender of this and thought I would do my part to give an update, and even a couple of pictures!

Well, I've decided that when you are a newly single girl...once guys find out about it, they just come out of the woodwork, honestly. This, or people feel so bad for you that they invite you to random outings that you normally would not be included in. Either way I haven't had a moment to myself for a few days and at this point I'm okay to keep it that way, at least for awhile.
The reason I bring this up is I had quite the eventful weekend with many encounters with new people as well as a few blasts from the past. Friday night I hungout with a few people from work and their friends. Surprisingly it wasn't awkward at all and I got to meet new people, which was fun and I even hungout with them again last night. Saturday was when my adventure really started. It was Katrina Thurnau's wedding and since I had to RSVP weeks in advance I could not bail (even though it was snowing and it was supposed to be outside). So, Katy Roberts, whom I haven't seen in about a year, ventured to this very foreign wedding where we knew no one. The ceremony was very nice, but after we kept thinking that we should just leave because we didn't know anyone, until Kerrie Simmonds called and said her and the baby were in the parking lot and hoped that we were there. It was fun to catch up with them. And here are a few pictures from the wedding.





During the wedding I got a text message from a boy saying that him and a few friends were hanging out and I should come. I thought, why not...I have nothing better to do. So I meet up with them and it turned out to be really fun. There are some pretty funny people in this world. So the best part of this story, Sunday...I am explaining to Emily how a certain someone emailed me to apologize for the past and was really sorry about the way things ended. Well, no sooner do I finish telling the story do I get a text message from that person asking if we can "meet up" because he wants to "catch up with an old friend." Umm...why in the world would he come back now? Is it because I'm single, or because he is no longer getting married, maybe both.

Moral of the story...guys can't bare to see girls that are single and so they must try and keep them company, right? ...yes I know that isn't their motive.

*Disclaimer: If you would like to learn more about the people mentioned in this blog, please see Kati for further details.

2 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

Sounds like you have had a very eventful week! Ive heard about the people mentioned and I say.. stay away! (at least from that certain one... ) :)

Becca and Billy said...

I am lovin the red shoes!!!