Friday, August 22, 2008

A Little Piece of Heaven!

As I sit here being unproductive at work, dreading the upcoming weekend full of homework and studying for a test I...wait a second, school doesn't start until Monday...yep, that's right, I already have a test and homework due and I haven't even been to class yet. Anyways, I digress.

My little piece of heaven for this weekend: Pistachio Dream Cake.

I am the queen of "let's see how we can make this healthy." It drives my family and B crazy, but I can't help it and I finally found one that they all like. This cake is amazing and I can't wait to dive in for some deliciousness!

If you love pistachio flavored treats and are feeling a little daring...try this! (if you want the nutritional info, I have calculated it myself, so let me know and I'll email it to you)


Ingredients:
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free pistachio pudding mix
1 carton (8 ounces) nonfat plain yogurt
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
FROSTING:
1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free pistachio pudding mix
2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
Directions: In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake and pudding mixes, yogurt, egg whites and vanilla; beat on low speed for 1 minute. Gradually beat in soda. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. For frosting, combine milk and dry pudding mix in a mixing bowl; beat on low for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy cake and I don't even like pistachios!

Missy Johnson said...

pistachio CAKE? hm...

paulandbrianna said...

Kati I miss you!!!. Sydney is due September 19th so three more long weeks, if it goes anything like this past week. I can't wait. I wish we could spend time together, but three states apart makes it difficult. Love Ya!!