Monday, October 27, 2008

Life of the Unemployed...

So, this is the first full week of unemployment...wow. me, unemployed. Now that we're past the initial shock, let me update you on how life has been since black Wednesday at Wasatch.

Since I have been given this opportunity to kind of start over I have been re-evaluating all aspects of my life and trying to see if I can pay attention to portions that I have been neglecting. After some introspective thoughts about my life I realized how much work was my life. I was constantly on email, I talked about work in pretty much every conversation, and I felt like I was never doing enough for work. Now that it is all gone, I feel like this HUGE burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I don't have to worry about if the boss is going to come in with another project that will push back the things on my to-do list or worry that I can't seem to ever make the others in the department happy...was it ever good enough? Now it doesn't matter. Okay, enough of that.

Now what?

I still wake up fairly early just so I don't feel like I am a true slacker. I study a lot more than I have in the last 2 years. I actually see my family and friends and I can work out as much as I want.

In the next couple of weeks I will get my booty in gear and get a new position that I can take right after I graduate (7 weeks!). I am looking into more accounting positions, maybe at the big 4 even though I really don't want to do public accounting. I am open to anything at this point. I can do whatever I want :)

Here are some funny pictures from the last week to show you all I'm still alive!



When you're unemployed stupid things make you happy...like cereal from your childhood.














Chase and I being awesome in our crazy outfits. The picture doesn't really show, but I am in running shorts and he has one of his pant legs rolled up. Good ol' Sunday afternoons.


Chad and I at Secca's halloween party. Chad chose to come as himself...maybe we'll convince him to dress up next year.
Apartment #4- Lilliam, Amber, Me and Taylor. Woohoo.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Did you get new roommates?

TomKat said...

Lilliam is our new roommate. The rest of us have always lived together.

Heather said...

Love the pics. You are such a cutie!