Monday, September 21, 2009

Tis the Season...


Tis the Season for Utah Football! (yeah, I know I'm a little late at posting since we're headed into our 4th game). But I feel that I should share the struggles I had to go through to get my season tickets and how the team better start pulling it together or my trouble to get my tickets will be in vain.
The Wednesday before our season opener, I decided I should pick up Mr. Army and my tickets so that I would actually be able to go to the Thursday game. Therefore, I left my house early and headed to the U before work. Little did I realize, there is construction EVERYWHERE on campus and it took me about 20 minutes longer than anticipated, just to get to the Alumni House.
Once I get there, I'm feeling rushed; so, I quickly gather all the necessary items to pick up my tickets and jump out of the car. As soon as I stand up, my skirt decides not to join. Down the skirt goes right to my ankles. I was so focused on getting to work on time that I just picked up the skirt and held it up while still walking. I'm pretty sure that whoever saw this happen will be telling their friends for a while because, to them, it didn't even seem to phase me. It fell, I picked it up, I continued on my way...all in one swift motion.
For any of you that have known me for sometime, you know this is not the first time that my skirt has fallen off in public. I guess this is now my trademark...sad, but kind of hilarious.
Well, I got my tickets, made it work on time and then to the game. Unfortunately, the student ID reader said I wasn't a student and so I had to pay $10 even after paying all my MUSS fees. Lame...
My boys better make it up to me. I dropped my skirt to see them play. Now that is dedication!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hahahaha oh man you really do have bad luck in the skirt department don't ya? at least it didn't fall off during the game!

angela jones said...

Hahaha, when I read your skirt fell off I immediately thought of that time your poodle skit fell off on stage in our dance recital. I'm sorry, but that was hilarious. But oh well, that will be something you will always remember about your dance recital! That and how we'd watch Mulan on your fancy tv-dvd-vhs combo tv. (Maybe that was more for me than you, haha!)