Thursday, October 1, 2009

Inspiration...

I am fairly certain most of my blog readers have called it quits on even checking here because, let's face it, I'm a bit of a slacker. BUT I should be having some fun blogs coming up.

As for now, I'm going to tell you about seeing my inspiration...

What I mean by that is...I have read about this girl (okay, maybe slightly blog stalked). This particular woman has the most amazing life: good husband, great gorgeous children, she's talented, and from what I can tell, insanely nice. Just over a year ago, her and her husband were in a terrible plane crash and by a miracle, they both survived. Some, if not all, are aware of who I'm referring.

After something tragic like this happens and life as you have known it changes, naturally you may feel as though you can't continue or get stuck in a sort of helpless mentality. Nie Nie is not this way. She has picked up her life and continues to work with what she has been given, loving every moment she has. It can not be easy, but her strength has helped get her through.

Every time I read her blog, I want to be a better person. I want to change my some times cynical attitude to one of a more positive nature. I worry and gripe about the things I don't have, instead of being thankful and appreciating what I do have...

Anyways, as Mr. Army and I got off the plane in Chicago for our layover to Salt Lake, we went searching for a place to put my stuff (he travels lighter than myself :) And as we sat down, my eyes glanced to the window to find Nie Nie and Mr. Nielson sitting. I instantly pull out my phone and write a text message to Mr.Army telling him how amazing these people are and their story is incredible. He just stares at me with a look of "how in the world do you know these people and why are you so excited?"

I realized, to me, they were like celebrities (you know the moment you realize that you know everything about Reese Witherspoon, even her dog's name, but she wouldn't know you from Eve?) That aside, I was so excited. This girl that I thought about almost on a daily basis and how she has inspired me more than she will ever know, was sitting 5 feet away. I debated back and forth approaching them...

I chickened out, of course. And if she were to ever find my blog, her and her husband would, I'm sure, know who I was...the girl sitting next to us, trying not to stare, but this awkward giddiness.

I'm ridiculous, but that made my day.


Read more about about Nie Nie here and here

1 comment:

Jessica said...

No way! I love her blog! You are so lucky!