Friday, November 13, 2009

Mr. Army's AIT Graduation


This post is long overdue, but I felt Mr. Army's graduation deserved some recognition. Even if it is coming a month and a half after the fact...

Well...we made it! 17 long weeks of Sunday night phone calls, letters, and counting down the time until it was over. I still think it went by faster than anticipated; Mr. Army will beg to differ.
On September 25th, Mr. Army graduated from his Advanced Individual Training (AIT) as a Combat Engineer. I am really glad I had the opportunity to be at his graduation; it is quite the experience. When I graduated from college, I never realized that 4 years of working for a piece of paper could mean so much. And after listening to Mr Army's stories and being at his graduation, I know he worked just as hard in those 17 weeks as I did in 4 years.
This is my favorite picture of the day. I'm not sure why, but the energy was overwhelming when they were marching in. Doesn't Mr. Army look serious?










They did a little presentation where it showed a solider of all of the wars (ie. World War I, II, and Vietnam, etc)


Being called up for his "Trailblazer Award". Only 6 out of over 200 privates in his company received this award. What a great honor. He still says it was no big deal, but it is, trust me.

Mr. Army with his "Battle Buddy". They are distantly related...somehow. From what I know, they are a lot alike. Random how they ended up in the same MOS and platoon in the army.
Mr. Army and his family, minus 2 sisters.


     Mr. Army and me...I love how when you are on base and in uniform, you are not allowed to show affection. This is why Mr. Army makes it look like I have cooties. Who knows, I just may.
Good Work Babe! I'm proud of you :)