Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

I believe the beginning of the Christmas season is Black Friday. I anticipate those sales all year long and then regret getting up that early, just to find out that you weren't there in time to get the one deal you wanted. This year...Rockband. Oh well, life goes on. I'll focus on what we DID get.

Mr. Army and I decided to go to Logan for the deals to see if we could get shorter lines and more opportunity for the best deals. We promised his little brother that our first priority would be the Xbox 360 package at the Best Buy. So, to ensure that we did not let Jonathan down, we woke up at 2:45am and stood in line until 4:30 to get a ticket that said we were guaranteed an Xbox. We succeeded!

This is big brother Mr. Army showing his excitement for making little J's Christmas.

Sadly, I didn't have as much success with my Black Friday deals, but since I bought a condo, my first priority was the couch. A couple of weeks ago, I went to my Body Combat class and decided it was time to get a couch...so I did!

Here is the couch and chair. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to decorate the wall, but we'll find something. Please note: I have moved the flower picture, for those that saw the Facebook picture.

P.S. Mr. Army will kill me if he ever sees that I put these on the blog.  :)

Once I had a couch, it was really time to get ready for Christmas. This is my first year having my own tree, and so it will get better every year, but here is what we have this year. Also, I included my cute "Merry Christmas" sign that I picked up at Tai Pan. I LOVE Tai Pan, and it is dangerous that there is one down the street from work, but it has definitely contributed to my cute house!

Also, this is a little late, but my brother-in-law put up my Kitchen Table and I am super excited to have it. Thanks John!


Christmas is coming! ...and I'm not a huge fan of the snow, but it looks pretty gorgeous right now. Probably because I'm sitting in my warm house knowing that I don't have to go anywhere.

2 comments:

Gold-E said...

The flower picture looks MUCH better :) Thank you for moving it. And I love your new condo. It's just right for you.

Gold-E said...

Oh, and the Black Friday - you're nuts. G almost wanted to get up early and go to Walmart for something on super sale (that I told him he'd get trampled over and then whatever he wanted would all be gone). So out of character for him! Alas, he chose to sleep. That's more like it :D