Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Best Burger, Glee and a Little Barefoot Running

So, Mr. Army and I have a constant craving...some may even call it an obsession. We love burgers and fries, we just do (I can just hear Lacy gagging a little). Anyways, we decided one night to try a new burger place since we are still trying to become acquainted with the options Bountiful has to offer. Well, we hit the jackpot with Best Burger. It is right off the freeway at 2600 South, and has the BEST fry sauce I've ever had. It is just a little fast food joint (kind of a Hires/Shivers taste) that I'm pretty sure Mr. Army and I keep in business. Forget In-N-Out...go here! (please don't comment about how I am an In-N-Out hater...I'm not, I just don't think it is worth the hype).

Glee, oh how I love thee. I didn't get into Glee when it first came out because I am a creature of habit, and tend to have a reluctant attitude towards all new shows...until they are on the approved list. Once I saw that posting, I decided it was time to dabble in a little Glee, and I'm sure glad I did. There is one episode where they are doing cheer leading auditions and I honestly cried, I was laughing so hard. If you haven't checked it out, you should.

And finally, the results are in on barefoot running...10.0! I was really nervous to try barefoot running due to the effect it had on Mr. Army's calves, but I already had the proper "shoes" and was not about to let that $80 go to waste. Therefore, on Sunday, I went for a run around my neighborhood in my Asics and then took a short detour to mi casa to change shoes. I ended up going just a little over a mile in the Vibrams and loved it! I wasn't fatigued at all, and it was a refreshing change of pace.

For the record, I was a little sore the next day, but I still could walk and worked out as usual, minus running. The soreness only lasted a day, yesterday I ran 6.5 miles with no problems (not in my Vibrams).

Well, there you have it...that's what been going on in my neck of the woods. More excitement than you can handle, I know.

3 comments:

Laceski said...

Kate, my dear, lately it seems the only contact I have with you is via the blogosphere. We need to do lunch sometime soon! (Preferrably not at Best Burger...) ;)

Jessica said...

Spence and I just started Glee this weekend. Love it!!! Sue Sylvester is my hero.

Natalie said...

I love Best Burger! I took Jacy there for lunch a few years ago. I just had to have her try that amazing fry sauce and I am proud to say that I am an In-N-Out Hater.