Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memorial Day Backpacking...

Every year since we started dating, I drive Mr. Army crazy during the Spring and Summer (and sometimes even Fall) to go camping. And since Mr. Army FINALLY got a backpacking sleeping bag, I was really itching to get the backpacking season going full force.

Therefore, for Memorial Day we decided to do an over-night hike just around Bountiful because Mr. Army wasn't sure if he would have to go to an Army training or not. So, we drive up to Bountiful Blvd and just started looking for canyons (way to be prepared, we know.) Anyways, about a mile away from my house, we found Holbrook Canyon. It was a great hike, although we had to do a lot of bush whacking (have you ever seen Mantracker? That's how I felt, most of the hike).

Here are the pictures I know that is all you care about :) (click on to enlarge)

About a half mile into the hike...I think I was making fun of him, and thus the face.
 I love nature. If you knew me when I was younger, you would know how weird that is to hear (see) me say that.
 Mr. Army bought the most amazing water filter. The water was so good!
 Me waiting for Mr. Army to filter our water...also, I was trying to get documentation that I was actually on this hike.

 I have no idea what he is doing.
 We were a little dirty...
 I was collecting wood for the fire, and Mr. Army decided to take over the camera.
 My battle wound...for the record, I am still recovering from this one.
 View from where we decided to camp. Love it!

I'm a mess, but it is still a pretty cute picture.

No comments: