Thursday, June 3, 2010

thoughts of the day...


  • it's been a short work week, and i still feel like it should be friday...
  • a dear friend is going through some unthinkable sadness right now, and i can't stop thinking that nothing i say will help.
  • i am having a bittersweet feeling about summer. i love love LOVE the weather, but i don't really feel like spending another summer without bbh.
  • speaking of bbh, deployment and i are having a tug-o-war, and i'm pretty sure i'm about to lose.
  • ragnar is in two weeks from tomorrow. makes me a little nervous.
  • i hope court mcgee wins the ultimate fighter this season.
  • i am itching to finish season one of true blood, so i can move on to season two.
  • i need to take some classes. photography and cooking, at least.
  • i want to be crafty, but have no idea where to begin
  • my pool opened this week, and i'm supposed to help monitor chemical levels. i know nothing about pools
  • i turn 24 in about 3 weeks. my life is nothing like i planned it would be at 24
  • i love camping, and backpacking...even when i come home and my legs look like my boyfriend beat me (or we got a cat that hates me)
  • i feel a strong urge to bake. if you live in the nsl/bountiful area, or feel like taking a trip up there, call me, guaranteed i'll have some treats for you
  • i'm going to vegas for the 4th of july, and can't wait. it is kind of my birthday present to myself...and kind of mr army's present to me, though i'm not sure he realizes that yet :)
  • my house is a mess, and i feel that every time i clean it, it gets messy very shortly there after. i thought that only happened when you had kids?
  • most of the people i work with live in virginia. i think it would be much easier if i could just work from home
  • i need a tan
  • i could really go for a hamburger/fries and some good fry sauce. delightful.
  • grocery shopping is a MUST tonight or tomorrow. i am foodless.
  • i think i'm going to take up boxing and/or cross fit. i like to mix it up.
  • confession: it is a constant battle to be content with where i am in life. i'm working on it.
  • my new favorite treat = protein shake root bear floats. don't knock it til you try it
  • i think i should be a stay at home mom. oh wait, i guess i need to be a mom first, dang.
  • my corner cubicle of death alternates blowing warm and frigid air. i spend half of the day taking on and off my sweater.
  • running is my favorite pass time. love it.
P.S. I have our memorial weekend backpacking trip to post soon, promise.

4 comments:

Gold-E said...

I'm never content either. A friend asked once why people focus so much on the grass being greener on the other side. Why not make the grass greener on this side? Good question.

To The Stars said...

come with me to boxing! and i love true blood!

Jared and Jesse said...

I love you and miss you!

Unknown said...

I understand the 24 thing girl, amen to that. also, ragnar will be awesome (but i'm a little nervous too, nervous excited!!).