Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jeremy Horn Fight Night

On Saturday night Ben and I went to Jeremy Horn's Elite Fight Night to support some of the guys that Ben "fights" with in his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes. Ben actually knew a few people fighting including the head liner. It may seem alittle odd that a girl like myself is into the ultimate fighting, but I must say that it is one of the most entertaining things to watch.

There were quite a few upsets but I think the highlight of my evening was when one of the guys got knocked out. One swift kick to the side of the jaw and the guy falls flat on his back (and hits the cage on the way down, not so good), but his eyes go cross-eyed and he is out. I was pretty much freaking out.

Next best part....submission through triangle choke hold. The fact that I knew what this was is crazy enough, but I even know how to attempt this move....not very quickly or effectively mind you, but I can do it. The guy next to me thought I was so crazy because I knew all of these fighting terms and would get excited when the fighter would get close to winning.

I thought it was a great night and hope one day we can actually go to a real UFC fight...how great would that be!?!

3 comments:

Gold-E said...

Ultimate fighting is addicting to watch, but so barbaric!

Heather said...

Kati! We are so into the UFC fights too, we should all make a trip out of it and go to Vegas for a fight... what do ya say?

Unknown said...

hmm sounds interesting. hint hint hint!!!!!