Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Things You May Not Know About Me...

I've been tagged by ms. Erika...and I think I'll actually honor it. So, I'm supposed to tell 6 facts about myself. I think I am going to go for some random ones, and things that you may not know. Knowing the things that I believe I have chosen, people are probably like "that was a no brainer" but here we go!

1. Guilty Pleasure - Sugar Cereal

Give me one or maybe even two bowls of cereal such as Cinnamon Toast Crunch and I am set to go. I love cereal and seem to crave any cereal that states it has over 10g of sugar in it. I have to limit myself to basically NO cereal at all to control my obsession with the sugar. I hear that Cinnamon Toast Crunch now has a reduced sugar option...doubt I will be craving that, but hey, I might give it a try!


2. Car Rides

I love love love car rides, but I HATE driving, which is quite ironic because I tend to always offer to drive places. I have gotten to the point where we(usually meaning Ben) will be ready to go somewhere, I will offer to drive, and then by the time we get to the car...I just hand over the keys and say "I think you should drive." He is so good to oblige knowing that its not worth any sort of dispute. Along with short car rides, I love road trips. I think piling people in a car and heading to anywhere is so much fun. I think I like the talking and the obnoxious singing the most. It seems that you learn a lot more about people that you take road trips and camping with...which brings me to my next point.


3. Camping







This is my favorite summer activity. If you knew me pre-weight loss you would know that I would have nothing to do with this sort of dirty activity that required sleeping on the ground and even considering the thought of not showering within 24 hours since the last time you did so. Now I kind of find it liberating and have been known to try and convince anyone and everyone to go camping. Last year I spent a good portion of my paycheck on camping equipment including a new tent and sleeping bag for backpacking purposes. I have a standing offer...you want to go, I'm there!





4. Secret Desires

I have always had the secret desire to become a model...(you can laugh, it's really okay.) I have spent endless amounts of hours in front of a mirror thinking of how I would look in front of the camera. Again...pre-weight, I was always stressed about how I looked, but I still had this passion to have people want to take my picture...maybe that's why I want to be a photographer so badly, I will find the undiscovered beauty :)



Also...I was pretty sure throughout my childhood and early adolescence that I had the talent to be a professional singer. Do not ask how I came upon this impression, but I was quite convinced of it. There are numerous home videos of me singing from the Disney movie soundtracks...let's hope those never see the light of day again.


5. Bed Bugs





So, I don't watch that much television, but for some reason I was watching Oprah one day and there was a lady who was basically chronically ill and she never knew why. Come to find out she had had the same pillow for the last 20 years and only washed her sheets once a month. That show terrified me and ever since then I circulate through pillows like you would not believe and feel that I must wash my sheets, alot...even when it takes me a week to put them back on my bed.




6. Toothbrush



I always have a toothbrush with me, whether I am in the car, in one of the two bathrooms, my bedroom, in high school I had one in my locker. I have toothbrushes EVERYWHERE. I used to have a small obsession with just always brushing my teeth...don't know how that really came about, but it was a struggle nonetheless. I continue to always have a toothbrush with me, but will brush at necessary times and not constantly have one in my mouth.



After reading over this I think that I just revealed a little too much about myself, but enjoy!
And I'm not very good about tagging anyone so if you want to do it, please do! And let me know so I can read about it :)

2 comments:

Gold-E said...

Hey, I didn't know any of this about you! You like to camp? Never knew...

Me said...

Now I'm totally freaked out about bed bugs!!! And I love that you admit your desire to be a model! that explains your photogenicness and personality in all your pictures! I remember when I was in 8th grade (i know it was then because I still had full out bangs) sitting at my vanity desk mirror and also posing at different angles, imagining I was a model. i remember thinking "hmm i don't look like a model really, but at certain angles, I think I have something..." ha ha.