Monday, June 9, 2008

Moved!

So I did it! I told myself that after Spring semester I would consider moving out and trying this thing people call "living on their own". I still go to my parents house at least every other day and haven't quite made it to the point where my room in their house isn't still my room. I figure if I keep a few choice items in there they can't move Riley in or change it into an exercise room just yet.

Thus far it has been quite the learning experience, but a good one nonetheless. I am still up getting ready when everyone else in the house is asleep and leave before they even think about getting up. I cook a lot more it seems, but eat less...go figure. It has forced me to be more social, yet it is a rare occasion that two of the roommates are even home at the same time. I clean dishes more than I ever did at home...one because we don't have a dishwasher, and two because we don't have a dishwasher...either a machine or someone to do it for us.

I will post pictures when we really get settled in. We still don't have any place to sit and haven't decorated much, but will be doing so shortly. I will keep you updated and pictures really will follow!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on moving out, but don't you think you should do the 'rents' a favor and let them move things around too! Come on, let Riley move downstairs.

Gold-E said...

Nice move. You may find yourself at your parents house more than ever for awhile. Well, for me anyway--living on my own took some getting used to. You'll love it.

Lisa said...

Well way to go! I think it is definately something that you have to do before the marriage thing happens. It teaches you so much!

Chelsey Hansen said...

I'm happy for you kati. It's a lot of fun and it really does prepare you for marriage in a way that nothing else can. When are we getting together?

Elizabeth R said...

I loved living with Becca... besides her messy ways (love you Becca). Enjoy your freedom and take advantage of it before you make any drastic decisions with a boy!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you! I remember when you were just a young pup... you are all grown up now! Brings a tear to my eye. haha.