Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas with Us!

I'm pretty sure with each passing year, the holidays come and go quicker than the year before. Though this is the case, I still get excited for some time off of work to spend time with family and friends that tend to be neglected throughout the rest of the year.

Mr. Army and I joked that it would be easier if one of our families were Jewish, so we could spend as much time as possible with both families. Well...both our families celebrate Christmas and therefore, we split our time, or split up to cover more ground. It all worked out in the end and I was glad we had the opportunity to spend time with our families, but also to have our own Christmas, on the 26th.

Instead of writing every detail of my Christmas, I feel you'll enjoy pictures more:

This is my tree, with all of the presents ready to be given! ...I loved my tree, can you tell?

The lamp my parents gave me for Christmas. It matches my bar stools and kitchen table perfectly.
Thanks Mom and Dad!

Our annual Christmas Eve PJ Picture. We all look very attractive.

John made Christmas morning so much fun. He was like...a little kid on Christmas. haha. He was really surprised about the PS3, as you can tell.


Who knew I would be so excited to get all six Harry Potter movies? I know...I'm a dork.


Most of the Grow cousins in our traditional picture

Elliot made my Christmas! He was such a good sport about Mr. Army and my wrapping techniques. We wrapped his gift card in my kitchen-aid box with all of the styrofoam. Cut a slit in the styrofoam and just stuck the card in it. It took him a good 5 minutes to figure it out. It didn't help that Adam found the card almost immediately and held on to that piece of styrofoam, while Elliot ripped the box apart.
 
And now he is in the box...

Dad asked for a remote controlled fire engine that shoots water. He was chasing the dogs around the kitchen/living room with it. He is still a kid at heart, gotta love him :)
Isn't she gorgeous?! I could take her picture all day long. B and A, I love your child, in case you weren't sure.
The Sunday after Christmas, our immediate family got together to open gifts since schedules are crazy on Christmas Day. We missed you Beck and Rach!
Our only picture together for Christmas and he is being a dork. Oh well, I still love him.
Emily and John got Rockband...that was one thing I wanted for Christmas.
I bought her this shirt, and if she could talk I'm pretty positive she would tell you it is true. She loves her aunt Kati almost as much as I love her.
H Family Christmas Party. Mr. Army, his siblings, grandparents and soon to be brother-in-law.
Just some fun Christmas pictures I took and felt like sharing.
I really like this one.
Polar Express!

All in all, a great Christmas! I now have dishes and silverware, fun new movies and...ROCKBAND! If you read my black friday post, you know that I was bummed that I didn't get my Rockband deal. Mr. Army was super secretive about his gift to me and when I opened the gift under the tree, it was the Rockband game (no equipment included) with a note "Just because you're awesome". Slightly confused, I looked at him and he told me to check the main bathroom's tub. He had been hiding my gift in the tub for about 4 days and I was completely surprised (fyi, I have 2 bathrooms. I don't go 4 days without showering :)

Want more pictures? Check here 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I remember my brother getting a remote controlled fire truck when he was.... oh let's see... around 4 years old. Your dad truly is a kid at heart! Gotta love it!