Monday, April 19, 2010

13.1 Done...Again!

Well, I survived! The very few people that follow my blog, know that I was not as prepared for the Salt Lake Half Marathon as I should have been. BUT, I ended up getting a personal record on this course and I couldn't be more excited. 1 hour 52 minutes. I can't complain with that.

I ran the first 10 miles in 80 minutes = 8 minute mile, for 10 MILES. I know a lot of runners (okay, maybe just Lacy) can run an 8 minute mile for such a long time, but I have never been able to do so. I wish I would have had Gu, or some sort of energy boost at mile 10 because mentally, I was set on 1:45, but my legs just couldn't do it. Oh well, next time...I'm serious, I am definitely working to do it next time.

Okay, you can see the pictures now. Enjoy.
 I was SO nervous. Still don't know why, but I was extremely prepared


 Did I mention, I was signed up as a 36 year old Male? Don't believe me? Check out that picture.
Pre-race Hotness

I find this picture to be kind of funny. Gotta love my Paradise Bakery cookie stash.

 She's my sister and she's a rockstar

Best friends for 20 years, crazy as ever

 She just had a baby 4 months ago, and she ran a half marathon. Amazing.
 Go Beck Go!

4 comments:

To The Stars said...

Amazing! I have always wanted to run a half-marathon...maybe next year...

lulu said...

Wow! 1 hr 52 mins. That's awesome! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

you are so dang fast girl! yay for loving the same crazy things :) next up...RAGNAR!!!

Lisa said...

Good job Kate.