Thursday, April 22, 2010

Condo Updates

Since I haven't posted much about my condo recently, I thought I would post some pictures about the improvements I've made over the last two or so months.

First, I have found that I am a little obsessed with having door "ornaments" and changing these said ornaments for each holiday. Thankfully, I found one I love that can stick around for a while. My dad is an extremely patriotic person, and I think he passed that on to me. Also, considering I have a boyfriend in the military, I found this star to be quite fitting. Cute huh?


Next, remember how I changed the picture over my bed to the living room because of that stupid Ikea commercial? Well, Mr. Army convinced me the picture looked better above the bed, and so...I changed it back. This is how it all worked out. I'm pleased with the results.


I've had a lot of compliments on the coloring of my living room. One of the neighbors even said "You must be a U fan..."

I changed the sheets as well. You wouldn't think 600 thread count would really be that big of a difference...it is.


 The tan blanket at the base of the bed is a little lame, I'm working on finding a fun colored one to replace it.

Also, I FINALLY got my new TV. Thank you Samsung 8,000 Series LED. But, I refuse to take a picture of it on the wall (where it replaced the cute flower picture) until Mr. Army puts the cords behind the wall. A little white trash, but we're slowing moving up in the world. As for where the TV used to be, and the place that still houses all of the electronics. Ta-da!

  I don't know what to do with that Rooster thing. I love it, but I don't know if I like what's in it. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Last, but not least, I've learned that I'm a little OCD. Okay, maybe you already knew that, considering I vacuum three times a week, and clean my granite counter tops daily (my new favorite cleaning product is Soft Scrub Total, amazing!) I digress. Well, I got bored one evening and decided to reorganize my movies. They are now alphabetical, and then sorted by type. And, of course the books and box collections had to offset each other for it to be aesthetically pleasing. Gotta love it :)



4 comments:

To The Stars said...

Love that I am not the only one who cleans the granite everyday! And they make these cute black twig trees that you can hang miniature ornaments on for each holiday...it would look adorabe in your rooster pail! I bet you could even get twigs and stuff at the craft store and "plant" them with some dirt and moss...

Unknown said...

so so so so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Your condo is adorable! I must admit that I am a bit jealous how 'put together' everything looks. My apartment is really really eclectic. Can't wait to get matching items! What complex are you living in?

angela jones said...

Hmmm, maybe you could put moss balls or something farm related in your rooster pail? I think if it were mine I think I would put a planted pot inside! Then you could even switch it around as the seasons changed?