Sunday, May 22, 2011

March Race: Canyonlands Half Marathon

On March 19th, Lisa and I took a short jaunt down to Moab to run the Canyonlands Half Marathon. This Half is so popular that it has become a lottery. So, Lisa begged me to enter the lottery in December so we could run it together.

Well, it just so happens that I got into the race, and Lisa didn't...fail. In February or so, Lisa was able to buy a spot through a charity and we still were able to run it together!

We were both really excited to run this course. We heard it was gorgeous and such a fun race. I think I can speak for both Lisa and myself when I say, this was not my favorite race. We had 25mph headwinds, which caused sand/dust to go everywhere, it was so cold in the beginning (waiting two hours up the canyon for the race to start), and then I got the worst half marathon time I've had. I was kind of upset. However, it gave me a starting point for the year, and so I can only go up from here!

Time: 1:57:27
Age Rank: 28 out of 167 

This is Travis. She works with Lisa and was pretty much the only reason I made it through this race alive :)
Travis, Me, Lisa - Salty and Finished!
The whole gang
Pretty awesome view.
Waiting for the race to start. Chilly!!

More info and pictures about this race...go here

No comments: