Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Holidays and The Death of Me...

I have found that I have been such a slacker posting on this because it seems that I don't have even five minutes to sit down and actually write something worth reading. Thus, I have decided to just write as much as I can so people think I am actually alive...

The holidays have come and gone and sadly I feel that I missed the magic of the season...I guess there isn't much holiday cheer when you sit at a desk for 9 hours a day staring at a computer and just when you think you will get to do as you wish you are stuck sewing a quilt for someone you don't even know (which is now commonly referred to as the death of me). Regardless! I did find the time to get together with some friends and spend some quality time with the family.


At the start of December, Ben and I decided to get all dressed up and venture to the Wasatch Holiday Party not thinking of the snowfall that was upon us and the fact that my car has summer performance tires on it. On the way home, it took us about 30 minutes to get up South Temple and just as we round the corner onto 13th East we soon realize that Lola the Corolla is not going to make it up that nice hill. So we did what any insane couple of 20-somethings would do, get out and walk. Luckily Ben's apartment is on 4th South and 12th East or I might have gotten hypothermia. As we walked into his apartment I glance at my hands to find them completely purple and I can't feel my feet. Needless to say, after Ben spent some time on the snow covered road under the car with chains and a nice man that shoveled the car out, we got Lola to his apartment where she resided for a couple of days until the snow stopped.
Ben and I had fun at the party dancing and eating ourselves silly on the biggest, fattiest desserts around. All in all, it was a good night!
The Wasatch party was the start of a whirlwind of parties for Ben and I. After that we attended his murder mystery work party at Snowbasin, which sounds a little random but the lodge is beautiful and it turned out to be a lot of fun (we only missed one of the clues or we could have won it all! but we did guess the right amount of jelly beans in the jar, too bad we don't like jelly beans.) Shortly after the Roos and Heiner Christmas parties on the same day, both of which we ate too much and even played babysitter for the cute Raybould girls. Ben fell in love with Claire (shes Noelle's age), but she wouldn't give him the time of day.
Then comes Christmas Eve...I spent the entire night trying to finish the death of me quilt (which I neglected to even take a picture of) and by the morning it was falling apart. Thus, it was unpicked and I got to try it again, not my favorite project, but it is now done and I can relax. I digress. Christmas day was kind of a blur as usual, but I had a good snow run and spent the day playing the wii and rockband with the fam. I even dropped in to say Merry Christmas to Jesse and Jared at the evenings end. It was a good christmas and I am grateful I got to spend it with those around me.
With Christmas whizzing by I barely blinked before it was New Years Eve. Again, I was working on the death of me quilt and had a minor come apart when Ben came over to start our New Years Eve festivities. He was so great. He helped with the quilt and we got it to a point we could enjoy our evening without worrying. We decided that though his parents party sounded fun (they all got sick at that party fyi) we thought that spending the night with Nick, Caeli and their friends sounded like a good time since we (more like me) hadn't seen them in a long time. We played the wii and did some karaoke while eating more than a week's worth of calories waiting for that fateful minute. When it came we drank our sparkling cider (which gave his both a stomach aches and me the burps, TMI I know), and of course the New Years Eve kiss.
Now it's back to work (though I have worked through it all) and I have one more thing to look forward to...Ben's birthday, too bad it's on the first day of school. But anyways, I got the day off and we are going to celebrate the big 2-5 in style!
*More pictures to follow.

3 comments:

Gold-E said...

Woo hoo! She's alive! Christmas is a time to relax sissy. Its time for you to work some r & r into your holiday schedule!

Rachel said...

I guess this means that you and Ben are back together? Happy New Year, now come to the desert to visit us.

Lisa said...

You look beautiful in the pics sweet cuz! And I would love to take your picture if you are serious that Ben wouldn't mind. Guys don't like that stuff much, but you two are so photogenic that I can't help but ask. Has Emily graduated? If you are serious then give me a call and we'll set it up. Too cute, too cute! Love ya!