Thursday, February 7, 2008

12 miles and a lack of sugar...

Alright so I have made it to 12 miles! Only 1.1 miles to go and I will be to the half marathon mark. I am not going to lie to you, I never thought in a million years I would would be able to run that far and I surprise myself constantly.

I accomplished this goal after a weekend of a not so good run. The week before my 12 mile run I was all excited to get to the 12 mile mark and had the mind set and felt that I had the physical capability of doing so. Little did I realize at the time, I had eaten 2 cookies before I went for the run and spent the 7.5 miles in pure agony. This was the point where I decided that it was really time to lay on the sugar. Therefore, Ben and I are doing a competition among ourselves that we will not eat sugar for 6 months. On August 4th we will both get the prize that we have designated for ourselves. If one of us loses and eats any refined or "fake" sugar, they must forfeit their right to the prize and hand it over to the other person. Ben has decided that he will get $100 gift card to Amazon and I chose a plane ticket to Arizona. Let's hope I don't lose because Rach and Boo will be spending some quality time with Ben and his Amazon giftcard if I do. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

12 miles is long way to run - good job. Hopefully you win the sugar contest so you can come and visit. But you probably won't want to come in August. i hear it sucks because its really hot here. So plan your trip for November.

Gold-E said...

I don't know which is worse, giving up sugar or going to Arizona in August? Probably giving up sugar. Congrats on the 12 miles. Go Flash Gordon.

Elizabeth R said...

Way to go! Thats pretty amazing to me! Im with your sisters on the Arizon in August thing.. its a killer.