Friday, February 29, 2008

And They're at it Again!

Yep, it's true. Ben and I have been up to some pretty exciting new adventures as of late. We have cooked up a fun new recipe and started a new workout program. Okay, that may not seem that exciting to everyone else, but the new diet and exercise is changing our lives up a bit.

First, last Saturday I was feeling the urge to cook something new and when you don't eat sugar, you have to think of an appetizer or some side dish to make...I know, how lame. So, Ben had been mentioning this sausage bread that sounded good from his mom's taste of home recipe collection. We had discussed doing it for weeks and finally while he was judging a debate competition I went to the store and bought all the necessary items to finally make it. The whole Roos clan that was home were a little reluctant at the sound of "sausage bread" but those that tried it said it was pretty good. Dad even had little suggestions on how to make it even better, which I thought was kind of funny. Taste of Home Recipe for Sausage Bread: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Savory-Sausage-Bread


As for our new diet and workout regime...Ben and I were watching television one morning while we were making breakfast for ourselves and became intrigued by this infomercial (don't judge, we were surprised we got sucked in too). Anyways, we couldn't stop thinking about this P90X program and thought that if we split the cost then we could justify buying it...so we did! This is our first week of doing the exercises and honestly I think it is going to work out great! I don't know how many of the workouts Ben has actually done, but we are going to look awesome, have no fear. I would post the before pictures, but I'm a little self conscious over the my day 1 photos and so if you're lucky you will be able to see day 30...definitely day 90. Here is the website http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/p90x.do so you can see my best friend in the videos, his name is Tony...which I've decided that at least 75% of motivational speakers/fitness gurus are named Tony. Regardless, we will see how this all works out and I will definitely keep you updated!

3 comments:

Gold-E said...

You and your crazy diets. I am a little concerned about your determination for "no sugar," particularly since you exercise so much. Perhaps you should consult a nutritionist to ensure you're properly balanced.

Rachel said...

You should cook with honey. It natural and gives just what you need for sweetness. Also FYI..suguar helps promote brain development in infants according to the ward neurologist.

lulu said...

Where do you get your energy to try new creations! What a fun way to spend time together. I usually end up telling Mike (my husband) what to do. So, now he leaves the cooking up to me. I best be changing my approach if I'm to see him in the kitchen ever again.