Monday, February 18, 2008

The Relaxing Weekend with a Moose...

This weekend Ben and I were invited to join Mr and Mrs. G at their cabin along with Ben, Amy and Koree. Come to find out my Ben's family had actually owned the cabin next door and so it was kind of a nice walk down memory lane for him. We went up there to have a relaxing weekend because that is exactly what I was looking for and I sure found it! I don't think I have slept so much in a long time, which is great :)

Also, I couldn't justify to myself not running at least a little while I was on vacation because after all Saturday is my long run day. So, I bundled myself up and ventured out into the snowing Idaho weather hoping to find a little break from life with a fun run. I guess a giant moose was looking for a little escape as well because he seemed to follow me around the island. I had several people stop on their way off the island to inform me that a moose was running around and they thought I should go back home. As long as I stayed a safe distance away from the moose I was not worried about him. After about 5 miles or so I was happy to get back to the cabin. Unfortunately for me I took a wrong turn as I re-entered the island and then spent the next hour looking for the cabin and running from the moose. I'm not going to lie, I was a little bit worried as I wandered in circles around Bills Loop. I stopped every 50 feet or so to listen for moose noises. Call me crazy, but I got my exercise in and now I can say that I ran with a moose.

Besides my eventful run, we spent the weekend building snow caves (yeah so Ben and I act like 12 yr olds), playing settlers and getting ourselves lost in the first season of 24. We even listened to Lord of the Rings on cd on the ride. It was really fun and Ben and I hope that Mr. and Mrs. Gold don't think that we sleep too much and/or didn't pull our weight because we would love to go again.

Here is a link to Mrs. G's blog that has our pictures and a little more explanation of our exciting weekend! http://thegoldelement.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Gold-E said...

We had a GREAT time and you are always welcome. Breakfast rocked everyday, and what good is a cabin in the woods if you don't get to sleep all day???