Thursday, February 7, 2008

Let's play catch up...

So, usually it seems that when I don't post forever, I try and think of all these things to say and nothing comes to mind...this is not the case today.
Let's start with Ben and Kati's fun adventures.

A couple of weeks ago was one of our good friend Nick's birthday's and Nick felt that turning 26 was reason for a "birthday party" at the Salomon center in Ogden. Reluctantly Ben and I decided to go and see what exciting things were in store for us. We actually had a really great time surfing! Who knew that you could surf in Utah? Not me...but regardless, we spend $20 for an hour in the surf center and learned some pretty cool tricks (which includes me not falling off the board as soon as I reach the wave). Here is a link to the surfing thing that we did. Definitely a great idea for a date or just for a bunch of people. http://www.flowrider.com/ ...I may have some surfing video to follow...maybe.

Last weekend Ben and I decided it was high time for me to use my christmas gift and therefore, we went snowboarding for the first time this season. I struggled the first few runs and was starting to get seriously frustrated with myself until Ben told me he wasn't having fun because I was so pissed off. I shaped up and it turned out to be quite the productive night. The only downfall was leaving Brighton at 10pm trying to get my boots off to drive the jeep. I felt like Kate Winslet in Titanic when she is in the ocean and you can see her breath every time she opens her mouth. I could not feel most of my limbs, but by the time we got down the canyon I started to get that slightly painful sensation signaling that I was still alive and all body parts were reactivated.


Just after Christmas, we went to one of Ben's friend Lisa's wedding and so here are a couple pictures from that just so this post isn't completely lame and pictureless.






2 comments:

Rachel said...

I should have told you that learning to snowboard at night sucks. I tired it only to ask to put my skis on instead. Forget it.

Gold-E said...

I want to learn to snowboard. Let's go during the day-and we'll stick to Chickadee for awhile. Maybe I'll take Rach's advice and bring the skis, just in case.