Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Ms. Jaime

This past weekend it was Ben's little sister Jaime's 12th birthday so we spent the weekend up at his parents house to celebrate. Here is a picture of cute Jaime blowing out her candles, and of course Jonathan in the background doing his thing :)






On Friday night, the girls and I went to get pedicures for a little birthday outing. I can't tell you how much I love getting pedicures. You get to sit there for 45 minutes while someone pampers you and makes your toes look cute. Does it get any better? I for sure don't think so.


Saturday morning Ben and I decided to do a cross fit work out class at his gym. I wasn't sure what to expect so I just kind of blindly walked in hoping that I didn't die during the class. What we ended up doing was 3 rounds of 5 workout rotations that were 1 minute each. We each had a partner who counted for us and then we tallied our scores at that end. I managed to get second for the girls, but it was quite the struggle. Ben is definitely a rockstar. He did so well, and really pushed himself. I was impressed as always. After that workout I ran to Ben's parents house so we could join the birthday fiestivities.




The kids were trying to fly kites, but unfortunately they kept ripping. So, in normal Ben fashion he decides to modify the kite with a nice garbage bag. It worked really well!







As he is outside with his new creation, he starts to get a Ben idea...I call it a "Ben idea" because he always thinks of something crazy he wants to do, but instantly has a plan of how to execute. At first you may think he doesn't really know what he is doing (especially when you see him walk outside with a ladder and a sword), but he always seems to make it work in the end. I love this about him. I digress. He decides that the backyard is a perfect place for a zipline and that it would be a simple enough design. So, I tag along with Ben and his dad to Home Depot to get all the supplies. Within a couple of hours they had it up and running. Here is a picture of Ben on the zipline and if you want to see more of everyone else you can go to my photo page to see. Also, just in case you were doubting, I did try it!

I got a little distracted with the landscape while Ben was flying a kite and this is my favorite picture from the adventure!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That kite makes me laugh. We were just trying to fly kites today at the park for Noelle's birthday party. Its much harder than it looks when you only buy the $1.00 kites from Target. But it was totally worth it.

Gold-E said...

A zipline in the backyard? How fun!!! Go Ben for being so clever.