Monday, March 10, 2008

The feet are screaming!

So I'm told I don't write on here enough which is probably true, but I don't want to bore everyone with the mundane routine of a twenty something student with no life outside of her world of numbers and occasional (I use this term loosely) stop at the gym. But...you asked for it so here I go again.

On Saturday I progressed one step further in my quest for the marathon distance. I made it 14 miles in pretty much exactly two hours. I was making exceptional time until about mile 12 when my feet were aching so bad I wanted to scream. I told myself I had to at least get to 13.1 and by that point I thought "if you just make it to the 2 hour mark you won't be as disappointed in yourself." I was saying this because I had planned 15 miles, my mind was ready for 15 miles, my heart and lungs were ready for 15 miles...but my feet weren't. I think the feet were screaming for me to get new running shoes and I don't blame them, it has been a while and therefore, I am on a mission to find new shoes. Here is my plug on running shoes, Asics are the way to go...light and comfy, works every time :)

3 comments:

Gold-E said...

Oh honey, I know how you feel. I ran 11 miles on my last long run and promised I would not do it again until I had new shoes. Go Asics! Good job on 14 miles. That's quite a trek.

Rachel said...

See all you have to do is tell me that you ran 14 miles and I'm a hooked reader. Still in my mind all I can think is holy freaking cow that is a long way to go. Too bad I don't have the motivation I had ten years ago.

Me said...

Hey, my shoes are Asics too, and I LOVE them! I wore Nike for the longest time, then got my running analyzed at Salt Lake Running Co. and they said asics were the shoe for me. Congrats on 14!! I did 8 on Sat, I wanted to do more but since I felt like I was going to throw up most of the time I decided to stop. :) Which brings me to the question, do you eat before you run? I have and felt sick. Then I haven't and felt sick. I just don't know what the balance is.