Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cherry Creek

Before Mr. Army left for basic we decided to finally go on a backpacking trip (that I had been begging him for us to go on for about a year). I told him I wouldn't let him live in down if we didn't go before he left. We had more than enough backpacking stuff and we should just go...so we did! Mr. Army's job was to find a good hike up around Logan that would be a good adventure for a first time backpacker, such as myself. He choose Cherry Cheek, which leads to Naomi's Peak, up around Smithfield.
I was so excited, until we pulled up to the trailhead and realized you had to cross a little river to even start the hike. I was pretty optimistic the first time, but after about 7 times crossing that river, I became a little irritated not to mention wet and muddy. Below is documentation of my trek across the river. It was freezing cold and I must have sensitive feet because I did like walking across the rocks.







I don't give Mr. Army enough credit for his photography skills. All the scenary pictures were taken by him and I'll pretend I taught him how to take a great pictures, but I think they turned out well, even if it is of Spencer and my rear ends.


It ended up being a successful trip and I figured out some things to do differently to make it a little easier on my feet. Mr. Army (and Spencer) were really patient with me as well, which helped. Next time I will rock that mountain :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Yay for blogging! I love playing catch-up. Sometimes I just say, "Eh, screw it..." But I really appreciate it when people are kind enough to post pictures and give me something to read. :) Congrats on the hiking and running and, well, just being awesome. You're right, be grateful you didn't have to do your running bootcamp style. And I also agree...we should hang out more, now that I live nearby.