Monday, August 9, 2010

Time Consuming...

So, being that I am alone most nights since Mr. Army is gone, I am trying to stay busy with different hobbies.

Hobby One: Cooking (more like Baking)

Last night I made what I like to call "Bite Size Candy Cookies". I used this recipe , but since I'm not a huge Rolo fan, I decided to mix it up. I ended up using Rolos, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and Snickers. Personally, I could eat the Snickers ones all day long. Someone, please come visit so you can take these off my hands!
Also, if anyone has fun recipes, please send them my way. I love to try new recipes.

Hobby Two: Reading

When I went to the Shakespearean Festival a couple of weeks ago, we went to a bookstore where "The Hunger Games" caught my eye. I know that a lot of people think I'm so behind the times, but that's how I roll. Wait to read the first book until the last one is about to come out. Now I only have to wait two weeks, while the rest of you have had to wait forever. :) If you haven't read these books, please please please look into reading them. I finished both in a week and can't wait for the third book on the 24th.


What books have you read lately, that you loved?


Hobby Three: Goals

I've decided it's time to really start watching what I eat...again. I do well for about six months and then somehow fall off the wagon. I've written down goals that I'm trying to accomplish with my weight, and work out schedule. Yes, I'm dorky enough to even make a chart and put it on the fridge.
Also, I have wanted to work on other personal goals to keep me motivated and progressing in life. Sometimes getting in a route, which we all know I love to do, ends up putting me in a rut and I lose track of some of the things I love to and/or should do. So, I have daily goals, and more long term ones that I'm working on. I'm a little OCD, it's okay to think that :)


These things are definitely keeping me busy, but I can't pretend that I am not totally wishing away the last month of Summer. I miss Mr. Army and September is not coming fast enough, but I'll enjoy my time to improve on all the things I love.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

excellent ideas girl! next to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Jared and Jesse said...

good for you! I wish I was that dedicated. You are OCD, I'm ADD. haha. Anyway, I'm around a lot, just call me and I'll come visit!!! I miss you!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

I hear ya! I do my best to stay so busy that i don't have time to miss Mark. I get frustrated b/c my days are so full, but at least time is flying!

Lisa said...

I love that you're baking and I love that you are ready and I love that you are always trying to be healthy! I just love you! Yay.
PS: The Hunger Games series.... LOVE IT!!!