Monday, August 9, 2010

Vegas- 4th of July

It's true, I am a month behind posting about Mr. Army and my trip to Vegas, but better late than never, right?

We thought it would be a fun opportunity to get away for the holiday weekend and spend a little time together before Mr. Army had to go to training. We had so much fun, that we forgot to take a lot of pictures...

I found an awesome deal on hotels.com on thought it would be fun to stay at Treasure Island. Once we FINALLY got checked in (I'm pretty sure we stood in line for about an hour), we entered our room to find someone else's stuff in it. I was a little freaked out that TI would double book the room, so of course, I went back down to the front to complain. As we were going down the elevator, Mr, Army was coaching me on being stern and not giving in, to make sure we were comped the room, or upgraded. Well, I must have done well because they upgraded us to a suite that had two windows facing the strip. The picture above, and two below show the nice view.


 Taken the next morning...obviously right after I woke up.
One of the reasons we decided to go to Vegas was to see if we could find a fun place to watch the most hyped heavyweight fight in the UFC...ever. Well, we found a really awesome Skybox type place that had TVs everywhere, but we were a little late and there was only standing room left. Therefore, we thought we would be walk the strip to find another place...shouldn't be hard, right? WRONG. We walked the whole night until we got to the MGM Grand where the fight was held and they weren't even showing it! But, they were preparing for Wanderlei Silvia's birthday party. 

I asked the "bouncer" to see if there was anyway we could get into the party. He handed me a VIP ticket, a wristband, and told me to come back at 10:30. Then he told me that I couldn't bring Mr. Army with me because he wasn't wearing pants. True story. 

I still can't believe I was invited to Wanderlei Silvia's party!
View from our room at night.
Mr. Army's magic with the manual settings on the camera. Not too shabby for the first time :)
It was a good show!

No comments: