Wednesday, September 24, 2008

2 Years and One Crazy Ride Later...

Me: Did you think two years ago...
Mr. Army: Nope (shaking head with amazement)

Me: Yeah, me either.
Mr. Army: (takes my hand and kisses it)

I was thinking about all that has happened in the last two years and how much it has helped me grow. I am grateful for Mr. Army and all the things he has taught me. Here is an ode to us.

  • We are the only two people I know that can fake fight and end up laughing so hard we cry as we try to stay mad.

  • I can't stay mad at Mr. Army, I just can't. And he just doesn't really ever get mad at me, which I enjoy.

  • We are truly predictable no matter how hard we try to be spontaneous...Aristo's (best greek ever) and Arrested Development = a perfect night to us.

  • We are amused by the simplest things. Give us a melted candle and we can spend an hour dipping our fingers and other objects in it to see the shapes we can make.

  • We never listen to music in the car and sometimes I take the long way home just so we can talk longer.

  • We don't cuddle in the summer because I'm a sauna. I've learned to deal with it and to love Fall even more.

  • We love to make dinner/food together. Anything from our favorite Fettucine Alfredo to Chicken Tikka Masala to Breakfast Burritos. Usually I end up handing over the reigns to Mr. Army, he is so good about it :)

  • We are never on time...that is just something I have come to terms with.

  • Utah football will always bring us together.

  • We both get "wildhair ideas" as I like to call them. Usually mine are to make some crazy new dish or to completely change our diet or run a marathon. His are more along the lines of making a zipline in the backyard or making our own big candle out of the mini ones or budgeting!

  • We are frugal, and we love it. We love that we understand each other. Sometimes we can get a little out of line, but when it comes down to it, we'd rather make hamburger helper than eat at a restaurant.

  • We are good road trippers. We don't get sick of each other easily...this is a huge feat for both of us since we are such private people.

  • We love to tease each other. The more time progresses, the more we have to tease about and the more fun it becomes!

  • We don't have to be together all the time. Mr. Army's phrase is "I know you get bored with me sometimes, so when that happens, you can hang out with other people." I have yet to be bored with him, but it's good to know I have my options.

  • And most importantly, we're a team!
This was the first picture we had taken together at the Xi Barn Dance in October of 2006.
Mr. Army's Birthday 2007- This is the awesome quilt I made him (with much needed help from Reb, thank you!) I think he likes it.
Our first camping trip just the two of us...Canyonlands- April 2007
Trip to Boston - June 2007

George Foreman S'mores - Summer 2007First Utah Football Game (2nd Row!) - September 2007


Wasatch Christmas Party - December 2007

My Birthday - June 2008
GO TEAM!

6 comments:

Jared and Jesse said...

You two are the best and so cute together! Love ya!

chucho said...

kate, you guys are adorable! i still cant believe he doesn't like grilled cheese, though. bummer.

Unknown said...

that is so cute!

Annie said...

I love the first picture of the two of you together...Ben looks SO young! And you look so blonde! I remember when we first met you when you came to Frightmares with us. Good times!

amanda jane said...

hi Katie! so glad you popped in at my blog. I have always thought you are so cute and hope you don't mind if I peek in on you sometimes as well. this is a sweet tribute to your man, thanks!

Lisa said...

Sooo cute! I would ask the one question on my mind but I won't for the sake of the fact that it's your blog! Love you girly, you two are so perfect!