Friday, September 5, 2008

On East High School, On East High School!

1. Did you date someone from your school? People always thought I was dating Dustin and for most of high school I hoped that I was dating Dustin...but gay is still gay anyway you look at it :)

2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove quite the array of vehicles, but settled on the red Jeep Wrangler... 3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS? I'm sure this isn't the most embarassing moment, but everyone remembers passing notes, right? Well...I think our friends were a little out of control about the whole ordeal. Anyways, the day Star Wars came out in theaters we all had bought tickets to see an afternoon showing. The kid I was totally in love with got ahold of some notes I had written about how much I liked him. Being the freak that he is, he decided to show the whole group of about 15 people my notes. I was mortified and kind of always thought that we would have dated in high school had he not seen those "love notes". Oh well, I dated him after high school and it was no good so I am way over the embarrassment. 4. Were you a party animal? I was the life of every party...okay, that's not true. But here are some pictures that show my attempts of being the life of the party haha.

















5. Were you considered a flirt? Probably not...more like the DC prez (yep, drama club president is how one group of guy friends referred to me)
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Junior Choir and A'cappella Secretary...I love singing, but looking back I think "wow, we really were nerdy." It was a big thing at East.

7. Were you a nerd? Refer to above.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? I played Varsity Lacrosse as a freshman...don't kid yourself, it was nothing prestigious, we weren't that good.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No, but I'm sure the adminstration would have, had they found out that I forged excusal notes for like 20% of our senior class. Pretty sure on record they have more of my signature than my parent's.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? I was going to type yes, but as I sit here, I can't remember all the words. haha, whoops.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Anne Applegate, Anne Story and Suzan Lake
12. Where did you sit during lunch? The wall...thanks to this nice high school musical picture you can see the wall at the very top in the back.13. School mascot? East High Leopards!

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with whom? Yep yep...hmm, Junior year - Dustin, Senior Year- Robby Boyd (that was at Timpview though)

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Not if my life depended on it. Sometimes I miss the predictability and the lack of responsibility, BUT I would never take lack of responsibility for added drama...oh wait, who am I kidding, I am living with high school drama.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? Jamie and I driving to the school for the graduation party which we did not want to go to, but turned out to be a lot more fun than we anticipated. Oh, and I thought "I hope nothing changes after high school. I love my friends." Bah, everything changes, which turned out to be a good thing.

17. Where did you go senior skip day? I'd like to think that every day I sluffed was senior sluff day...therefore, anywhere between Dees to the Swensons to Baja Fresh to anywhere else we could find.

18. Were you in any clubs? Key Club, National Honors Society, S.P.O.T.S., I think I am missing a couple...oh well.

19. Have you gained some weight since then? Nope, actually I lost weight ironically enough.

20. Who was your prom date? Well...Junior Prom Sophomore year- Joel Stice, Jr. Prom Junior Year- Jordan Swenson, Jr. Prom Senior Year- Sam Richards. Senior Prom Sophomore year- Jordan Swenson, Sr. Prom Jr. Year- (I don't remember), Sr. Prom Senior Year - Dustin

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? How about I get passed the 5 year first? Which I probably won't go to because...come on, if I already see the people from high school that I want to see.
22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't try so hard. High School means pretty much nothing in the real world. Relax...life gets better :)
Tag some people: Lisa Western and Chelsey and anyone else that wants to!

3 comments:

Bree said...

What is S.P.O.T.S.?

Lizzie said...

Hi Katie! This is Lizzie (Hinckley) Davis. found your blog on Missy Johnson's! Looks like you are doing really well! It's fun to see what you've been up to!
- Lizzie
www.jtandlizziedavis.blogspot.com

Jared and Jesse said...

Oh the days!