Monday, September 8, 2008

Someone Else's Life...

So, the last week, I feel that I have been living in some alternate universe and have switched places with a total stranger that is about 14 years old and has drama seeping from her pores.
I have never been so appalled at what lengths people will go to in order to receive the outcome they desire. I know I am not the most rational person on the planet, don't worry Mr. Army has confirmed this, but even Mr. Lets Keep Kati in Line agreed that I was put through quite the whirlwind of unnecessary drama so that one person could feel justified in what she thought was right.
I am not saying that people are not entitled to their own opinions, in fact, I am in favor of people having opinions and expressing those opinions, but that's the end of it. Tell me your opinion, give me your criticism, tell me how much you agree or disapprove, but that is as far as you have the right to go. I feel that I should be able to live my life the way that I choose without other people feeling the need to interfere by causing unnecessary altercations that will get me to "change my behavior".
This last week has been nothing short of a complete shock. Mr. Army and I will sit on the couch at the end of the day in amazement at how much worse this situation is getting. I don't know how it will all work out, but it will...eventually.

The problem I see is...how do you stand up for what you know to be right when it stressing you out so much you can't see straight? I am not a quitter and I won't back down, but the emotionally discord that is resonating throughout my life is starting to become a bit much. If anyone has any ideas on how to stand up to those fighting against you while living your life...please let me know.

6 comments:

Laceski said...

Oh, Kati! I'm so sorry you're going through all this because someone is clinically insane. Raging bitchery always takes a toll and I think you've handled it with grace and composure (FAR FAR more than your adversary who really just needs to butt out and deal with her OWN issues (which might take a while, given their full extent)).

Hang in there, baby! You've got sanity on your side, so that gives you an edge. I'm totally here for you if you need anything (like a gun, a hitman, a pipe bomb, a blow torch, C4, etc.)

Hang on to the fact that YOU are the sane one and your adversary is the nutcase, and that will help you get through this. Don't ever let HER issues make you feel like you're in the wrong here, because you AREN't.

And, there's always lunch on Saturdays if you need it. ;) I love you!

Jared and Jesse said...

You have more people on your side than you know! We all love you and will be here for you even through all of her issues! And if you need someone to be brutally honest, let me know. That's what Jared does best. Keep the faith! You're doing the right thing standing up for yourself!

chucho said...

Hi Kati. I'm Lacy's friend. I don't know what is going on your your life, but no matter how bad it is, Gossip Girl will make you feel better. Honestly.
One more thing: please don't say you are nerdy for liking documentaries. I'm going to Film school so I can learn how to make my own. Now THAT'S nerdy.
I hope you feel better.

Bree said...

I don't know what's going on, but I think you're the bomb Kati!

Chelsey Hansen said...

Well,I don't know the story, but my advise (if applicable) is to take a breather so you can get your grips on things, then don't back down from what you believe in. I wish I knew more so i could give better advice, but knowing you, you'll make it through on top. You have always impressed me with your respect for yourself. keep it up! love ya

Rachel said...

Cut out the cancer. It works for a lot of people, literally. Time to get the bad out and move on.