Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Adventures with Noelle

Going to get some "Pizza Pie"

For the better part of July my sister and niece were in town from Arizona and since I don't live at home anymore, I didn't get to see Noelle quite as much as I would have liked. For the first week or so of them being here she wanted nothing to do with me and would quite frankly just tell me to go away. I became somewhat disconcerted over this and felt that Noelle and I needed to spend some time together without the distraction of her many admirers.


So, Jelly and I decide that a good trip to the Costco is a good idea. Unfortunately for me, she falls asleep on the way there and I spend a good 5-10 minutes trying to get her to stay awake and sit in the cart. We roam throughout the Costco for a while and then as we are leaving I buy her some "Pizza Pie" as she calls it. I am told that she will eat at least 2/3 of the slice...hmm, this did not happen. We head back to my apartment and she ends up sitting on the counter watching Ice Age eating graham crackers and milk...oh, and how could we forget the chocolate!
Waiting for Grandpa Ted to come kiss her goodnight.

It is getting close to bedtime so we venture back to my parents house to get her to bed. I think she told me 17 times that she had to go to the bathroom and ended up parading around underwear-less for a good half an hour. She kept telling me she was "waiting for Grandpa Ted" to come home. She even told me to call him because he wasn't coming home fast enough. Eventually he makes it home and she kisses him good night and she hops in bed. How am I supposed to know she doesn't usually sleep with a lot pillows? She just lies down and I hear a little mumbling before she is out...or I was, I can't remember. The next thing I know, it's an hour and a half later and time for me to go home.

Showing Jack some muscles.



All in all, I adore this kid and even though she knows I'm a sucker I will give her chocolate and buy her pizza pie any time she wants. I'll even steal more of Mr. Army's graham crackers to keep her content :)

1 comment:

angela jones said...

yay! She spells her name the same way I spell my middle name. Go Noelle!