Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Online Map and Our Demise

Mr. Army and I decided that we would spend the 4th of July with his family up at Cedar Hollow just passed Kamas. It would be been a great evening to relax before dinner and games had we not printed off a map from the Camperworld website.

Thinking that we were prepared with our Google map in hand, we ventured up to where we thought the camp site was. Once we had gone way too far, Mr. Army decides to turn around and proclaim that his navigator had been sleeping on the job...its true, I was engrossed in Sudoku and not paying attention to where we were. I felt bad for about 5 minutes when I realized that where we were supposed to be was no where to be found.

This picture is when we stopped at the camper station, after an hour of driving around, to "regain our bearings" and found that there was no Knotty Pine or Cedar Hollow anywhere on the map (even though Mr. Army insisted on continuing to look after we had established it was no on the map). We decided it was best to call someone that had been up there so we could have some guidance as to where we were supposed to be.
Megan gave us directions, but I don't think the message was conveyed quite as it should have been because as we came down the mountain just as Jess called and said she was right by us and was willing to show us where to go. Based on our own intuition, the google map and Megan's directions, we would have never made it to Cedar Hollows. But after three hours of driving and becoming a little bit "testy" as Mr. Army likes to put it, we made it there just in time for a wonderful dinner! Here are some more pictures of us lost...
Waiting for Mr. Army to get off the phone knowing that we are definitely not in the right place.

I got bored waiting for him so I pulled out the camera and started shooting some photos. These were my favorite :)
Mr. Army came looking for me after he got off the phone with Megan...I found him like this- "I'm a tree...you can't see me"

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Ben. Not so good with the directions...precious.

Bree said...

Ahhh... love that Sodoku (sp?)

Unknown said...

oh wow how cute