Thursday, July 3, 2008

Birthday fun!

So, I have found that some people actually read my blog and when I don't update here, but do update facebook some people are out of the loop, so here I am, being somewhat on top of things!
Birthday recap:

Last Wednesday was my birthday and it kind of snuck up on me because before I knew it, it was the Monday before and everyone kept asking what I wanted to do for the "big day" and the usual response appears "I don't know". Thankfully people took charge for me and it turned out to be a wonderful birthday.

I went to work, which was the best part (please read my sarcarsm) and my team took me out to lunch. If you haven't been to Cafe Trio, you should go, now. After work, I went to see the fam for a while before I went home to get ready for dinner. I must say that watching my mom play her Nintendo DS that she got for her birthday was a lot more entertaining than you would think. I digress. Mr. Army decided that he was going to take me to dinner and since I have this indecisive complex especially when it comes to food, he even picked a restaurant. Ztejas, my favorite! He knows me well I guess. We had a great dinner and went home to find quite the array of people waiting for cake and ice cream. I knew that Megan was putting something together, but I was still surprised and excited to see that people wanted to spend my birthday with me...Okay, who am I kidding? They just wanted cake. Regardless, it was fun and we even convinced Jess to come down from Kaysville to hang out with us. On Friday night I went to dinner with my family, which is always a good time. Its good to go out with them especially since I don't see them as much anymore.

...what do you give for the 22nd birthday?


So, Natalie from work made a joke about how for her 22nd birthday her aunt bought her a bike and she pretty much had the "why in the world would you get this for me?" attitude about it. Then she asked what I wanted for my birthday. Without hesitation I say, "A bike...seriously." I have wanted to start training for triathlons, but didn't have a bike to even practice with. My parents were so gracious to buy me a road bike for my birthday and they even picked it out. It is perfect, end of story.
Along with the triathlon training, I am also considering a marathon, but sometimes, most of the time, I have some trouble after the run. Not because I can't run long distances; it is that I have some foot problems, swelling, blistering etc. afterward. So, Mr. Army found this video that teaches you how to run most effectively. I haven't watched it yet, but can't wait to see what I can learn!
...I also found out that I am going to New York in August with the Heiner girls and my airfare and most of hotel will be paid for. Talk about some exciting news! I can't wait to go and see Wicked! New York here we come!

Here are some pictures taken at the cake and ice cream shindig. Others on picture page.

Ma Jensen dishing up some German chocolate cake she made!
People think that Mr. Army and I look more alike then him and Megan. You decide.
Mr. Army and his fork masterpiece. I guess this was during the lull of his evening :)

All I wanted was a good picture of us. This is what we got!
Happy Birthday to Me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sad i missed your bday :( when are we going to go to lunch!!