Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks.

The last couple of days I have been going through a lot of the things I am thankful for and fortunate I am to live the life I live. After reading others lists of thanks, I couldn't help but write one up of my own.

Family: Whether I like it or not, they will always be there for me. Recently, I have found that family is really what gets you through the rough times and will always support you. I love that we all get along even though we are all so different.

My Feet: I am really hard on my feet and expect them to just keep going even when I don't protect them the way I should. They give me one of the greatest joys in life, my ability to run. I don't know what I would do without that.

Unemployment: Yeah, this is a little opposite of everyone else, but there have been some very positive things about my unemployment experience. I have been able to do projects I have been putting off and also I have been able to pay attention to areas in my life that have gone on the back burner because of work. It has been a nice change of pace.

The Girls: I don't know how I would get by without the advice and hilarious commentary of those two. Daily facebook emails and weekly lunch/dinner. They keep me sane.

Friends: From roommates to high school friends to everyone in between. I am grateful for all of them. I think I go to the grocery store way more than necessary, but it is usually with a different person from Melrose every time. High school friends for those times when you just need a little trip down memory lane. And to all of my other friends...they all keep my life interesting.

Utah Football: The highlight of my fall and something that will always bring us together. How could I not love it?

Talents: Over the course of the last month I have tried to work on developing my talents. I am thankful that I have the ability to cook, decorate, take pictures, and even clean (yes I find this to be a great talent).

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and can enjoy everything they are thankful for :)

2 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

Everyone in your family is thankful for the Utes. That's just plain wrong! I like the rest of your list, though.

Gold-E said...

These are nice thoughts, Kate. I am thankful for you :)