Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Projects!

With my new acquired free time I have decided to improve the decor in my apartment. After about a week of no work, I decided I was not allowed to go to home decor stores such as Home Goods, Bed Bath and Beyond or Target alone. I tend to overspend on not completely necessary items, but I think my creations have been masterpieces regardless.


First Project: New Kitchen Table Centerpiece

I went to Home Goods/TJ Maxx to see if I could find a couch cover because I think the green couch is super comfy, but not the color or pattern I had envisioned for my living room. Anyways, while I was there I kept walking passed this giant tea cup...I couldn't resist. So, I bought it, and then put cinnamon pine cones in it and called it good. Though I get teased about it daily, I enjoy it.



Second Project: Couch Cover

I swear I went all over the greater Salt Lake area to find a couch cover that wasn't $200 and that wasn't uglier than sin. I found one that works, but I am not totally in love, yet. I have to make some adjustments and add some red pillows to complete it, but this is what I have thus far.

I think I need to study more or just stop spending money :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, I think we have that same couch cover on the couch in our loft...and we have that same lamp in a larger size right next to it!

Bree said...

I love the center piece!

Jared and Jesse said...

Looks great!

Gold-E said...

Very cute, Kate. So festive for the upcoming holiday season.