Thursday, March 11, 2010

Obsessed?

Okay, so I may have a little obsession with...coupons. I know it sounds a little silly and maybe slightly ridiculous, but my new hobby is to see how much I can save, on everything.  My sister was so gracious to feed this addiction by introducing me to coupons.com Mr. Army amuses me by laughing and asking "do we have a coupon for that?" every time we go out to dinner or need to go to the store. He may laugh, but I'll tell you what, I save money honey!

The other day, I was watching T.V. and saw a commercial for Soft Scrub Total. After the commercial I really wanted to try the product, but would only do so if I had a coupon, since it wasn't a necessity. Well, lucky for me, a coupon came in the mail a couple of days later. (Is it odd that I get excited about cleaning products?)

An example of my savings...tonight, I had to do some grocery shopping and saved $7.90 in coupons alone. Coupled with price matching, I saved over $17.

With my savings, I bought a new movie...don't worry, it was on sale too :)

P.S. If you want to know of other websites and ways to get coupons or save money, I might be able to help you out!

5 comments:

Gold-E said...

Good job, sissy. I tried the coupon thing once, but then I would always forget to take them to store with me.

Unknown said...

you crack me up! but now teach me ok? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a coupon junkie too! You save so much money! A huge congrats for your copious amounts of saving!

Jessica said...

I love coupons! It's a personal challenge for me to go to the grocery store and see how much I can save.

amanda jane said...

do you teach a class on that? I need to learn that one!