Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Training Time!

Well, it's that time again...the races are coming and I need to get into shape!

I have this complex where I cannot be left out of any race when I know more than two people that are running it. Therefore, the Salt Lake Half Marathon is calling my name...again.

I ran it two years ago for the first time. My time was 1:55. Not bad, not a record. Then, last year I did not intend on running the Half because I had a minor snowboarding accident and messed up my ankle. Lo and behold, the morning of the race, I put on my shoes and helped Miss Lisa cross the finish line. I have no idea what our time was, but I wasn't really in it for the time; I was in it for her.

Now, this year, my goal is to run the SL Half in a faster time than two years ago. Can it be done? Yes. Will it? We'll see. The race is in 6 weeks and have I run 13 miles yet? That's a big fat NO

I'm working on distance: longest run this month 8 miles

I'm working on speed: quickest two miler this month 15 minutes (fastest ever was 13:23, so you can see the improvement needed)

And the best part of it all...I get new Asics this week!

I may need help staying motivated to run distances...anyone want to drag me out on Saturdays or Sundays?

2 comments:

Gold-E said...

I'm supposedly running SLC 1/2 too. Ask me how my training is going...I will run with you any time, if you need a partner. You only live 2 seconds away from me so this should be easy :)

Unknown said...

yay i'm so glad you're running it! And btw you rock for helping me run it last year! Come down to sugarhouse and run with me saturday haha!