Monday, March 1, 2010

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread

This recipe is my favorite ever. I love when bananas start to turn black because then I get to make this awesome bread. I have modified the recipe to not have any oil or refined sugar, so here you go. Enjoy!

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups very ripe bananas (I usually use 4 medium bananas)
1 1/4 cups honey (the recipe actually calls for brown sugar, so it's your call)
2/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup fat free egg beaters (or 2 eggs)
1/3 cup applesauce (the recipe actually calls for oil)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup walnuts (or some like raisins)

1. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only, of two 8X4-inch loaf pans or one 9X5-inch loaf pan.

2. Stir together all ingredients until blended. Pour into pans.

3. Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes (I'd wait about an hour or so to wrap in tin foil, etc.)



Hope you all like it as much I do :)

2 comments:

mel said...

Thanks so much Kati. I'm going to try this this week hopefully.

Jacob Grant Monshin Gabriel said...

This is great Kati! I stopped eating sugar and have like 10 bananas in my freezer! LOVE IT! I'm gonna make it tonight yo!

Miss you,
Jake.